All Skin Is Good Skin
Where your skin is concerned, prevention will always be better than cure so now is the time to start lavishing the only skin you'll ever have with the gentle loving care it deserves.
Remember, all skin is good skin so it doesn't matter how dry or oily your skin may be at this moment. There's nothing to prevent you re-educating it to function normally. Nourishing products, a positive attitude and healthy activities provide a verbal foundation of youth for those willing to devote a little time and energy to a daily beauty routine.
What's good for your skin:
- Plenty of fresh air and exercise.
- Protecting your face from the damaging effects of the sun by using a sunscreen designed for your skin type.
- Wearing sunglasses and a hat when outdoors so that you don't squint in the harsh Australian sun.
- A gentle but thorough cleansing routine.
- Moisturiser. The more often you apply a protective layer of moisturiser or nourishing cream to your complexion, the less chance it has to dry out and age.
- Remember if the surface of your skin is soft and moist, any external movement of the facial muscles which force your face into folds will not drag or pull your skin as much as if the surface was dry. A moist skin helps wrinkles at bay.
- Drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily will help internally moisturise and cleanse your skin and replenish the moisture that is continually evaporating from it.
- A health diet rich in fresh fruit, vegetables and whole grains.
- Doing a shoulder stand daily is a great way of giving your completion an internal boost of nourishment. Slowly raise your legs and hold the position for up to 3 minutes, then very slowly lower your legs to the ground. Relax for at least another 3 minutes to allow the blood to return to your legs before attempting to stand up.
- Regularly using a face mask or exfoliating scrub will remove impurities and dead skin cells and reveal smoother more vibrant-looking skin.
- Gently massage a treatment cream into your skin will stimulate and tone your complexion.
- Good hygiene is essential. Use a fresh face cloth everyday.
- Relaxing for 10 minutes wearing a task mask with your feet up.
- Treatment ampoules, while expensive, can give your skin a revitalising boost by firming the skin. It's like giving your skin a holiday.